The Power of Plant Biology
ExpressTec is a simple and elegant solution to the need for recombinant proteins in medicine and biotechnology. Instead of a stainless-steel bioreactor, our production process harnesses the humble rice plant’s natural ability to use sunlight as an energy source and soil, water, and air as raw materials. Desired proteins are manufactured as the plant grows, and naturally become concentrated within the rice-seed endosperm for easy harvest and purification.
ExpressTec is unlike standard bacterial, yeast, and mammalian cell-culture expression systems, transgenic animals, or purification from natural sources. Our platform offers:
- Commercial-scale product yields in a eukaryotic host background, from an organism that is widely recognized as safe.
- A production process free of contamination from any by-products of animal, human, or microbial origin.
- A broadly flexible platform for expression of multi-subunit molecules, monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, and enzymes.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
- Dramatically lower cost of production.
ExpressTec is far from theoretical. For more than 10 years, Ventria Bioscience has been producing and commercializing recombinant proteins for use as cell culture media components and enzymes used in biotechnology applications. These products are sold through our subsidiary, InVitria. Please visit www.InVitria.com for more information about our wide variety of highly pure, cost-effective products manufactured using ExpressTec.
Ventria Bioscience shares the public’s interest in the appropriate containment of plants that have been engineered to express therapeutic molecules. Ventria Bioscience has taken multiple biological, physical, geographic, and operational steps to comply with USDA regulations and to ensure that its recombinant therapeutic products are manufactured in a manner that is safe for people and the environment.